Becker’s reported on six ASC joint venture agreements in the past 60 days:
1. Chippewa Valley Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, based in Altoona, Wis., and its partner, physician-owned management and development company Surgical Management Professionals, are building a new clinic and ASC.
2. Sioux Falls, SD-based orthopedic chain InReach Physical Therapy opens outpatient clinic in Hillsboro, Oregon with network partner Physical Rehabilitation Network.
3. Chicago-based Regent Surgical Health is partnering with Ascension Texas for an orthopedic joint venture with robotic ASC in Austin.
4. Gainesville, Fla.-based UF Health East is renovating a facility in conjunction with Jacksonville-based Jax Spine & Pain Centers. The three-story, 52,146-square-foot Jacksonville facility will house a UPS on the first floor, according to the report. The new renovations include an MRI unit and other upgrades totaling approximately $1.4 million.
5. Two independent medical practice owners are building a new center in Bethlehem, NY Ophthalmologists Michael Pokabla, DO, owner of Glaucoma Consultants of The Capital Region, and Edward Wladis, MD, owner of Lions Eye Institute, both based in Slingerlands, will share ownership of the new center.
6. HCA Healthcare acquired an interest in Stone Oak Surgery Center in San Antonio, along with 11 partner physicians. The multi-specialty ASC offers services in orthopaedics, pain management, podiatry and spine surgery. It spans 5,970 square feet and includes two operating rooms, one procedure room, three pre-op bays and five post-anesthesia bays.