Rheinmetall: and 4iG create a joint venture in Hungary – The joint venture will provide IT services to the integrated technology group Rheinmetall

0
  • Rheinmetall AG and 4iG PLC have established an IT joint venture in Budapest as the final step in their strategic cooperation.

  • 4iG holds a 51% stake in “Rheinmetall 4iG Digital Services LLC” (R4), with Rheinmetall holding the remaining 49%.

  • R4 will provide IT services to local and global Rheinmetall subsidiaries from 2023, and potentially to third parties as well.

  • The new joint venture benefits both parties: it strengthens Rheinmetall’s IT capabilities, while giving 4iG better access to the global IT services market.

Rheinmetall and 4iG have been cooperating closely since the beginning of 2022. Their technological and regional strengths and mutual growth ambitions make them a perfect partner. Rheinmetall is a leading player in the defense industry, where computing needs are constantly increasing, and has a strong presence in Western Europe – representing two potential growth areas for 4iG. For its part, 4iG is a leading player in the IT industry and has a strong presence in Central and Eastern Europe – two important growth areas for Rheinmetall. The strategic partnership between the two companies is therefore a logical step and has just taken another important step. Under the agreement announced today, Rheinmetall and 4iG have established an IT joint venture in Budapest. 4iG holds 51% of the capital of the new company, the remaining 49% being held by Rheinmetall. The initial mission of Rheinmetall 4iG Digital Services LLC (R4) is to provide IT services related to projects and operations to local Rheinmetall subsidiaries in Hungary and worldwide. Depending on business needs and opportunities, the new joint venture plans to gradually expand the scope of its services to internal and external customers.

“International expansion is one of the cornerstones of 4iG’s business strategy, and it drives the development of the group and our business decisions. The IT joint venture created by Rheinmetall and 4iG is a huge step forward, because we can not only strengthen our position in the field of digital defense services, but also, after the cooperation in Hungary, 4iG will become a global partner of Rheinmetall.” – said Gellért Jászai, President of the 4iG Group.

“The establishment of this joint venture not only demonstrates our commitment to Hungary,” says Armin Papperger, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rheinmetall AG. “It also represents an important contribution to Rheinmetall’s capabilities in the field of digital technologies. We see a lot of upside potential in the cooperation with 4iG, especially in this joint venture. We are committed to a solid and fruitful cooperation, which is clearly a win-win situation for 4iG and Rheinmetall.”

More information

Based in Budapest 4iG PLC is Hungary’s leading IT systems integrator, with a significant share of the national and regional telecommunications markets. The company has been active in the industry-independent innovative IT technology market for over 27 years, during which time it has steadily expanded its services and portfolio to meet the changing needs and demands of the ICT market. 4iG employs over 6,000 people. A provider of broad spectrum solutions, it is a leader in information technology, telecommunications, satellite telecommunications and the development of telecommunications infrastructure. The company, listed on the Budapest Stock Exchange, aims to establish a dominant market position in a wide range of info-communication services in Hungary, Eastern Central Europe and the Western Balkans.
www.4ig.hu

Rheinmetall AG, a publicly traded company with over 130 years of experience as an integrated technology group, is a strong and internationally successful company. Based in Düsseldorf, Germany, the group has more than 25,000 employees worldwide. With an innovative range of products and services and 210 subsidiaries, Rheinmetall is present in 52 countries on six continents. A proven partner to the armed forces of many countries around the world, Rheinmetall also has a strong presence in civilian technology, developing and manufacturing products for the automotive industry and other industrial sectors. For military customers, the group develops and produces combat vehicles, advanced defense systems, IT solutions, weapons and ammunition. Sales of Rheinmetall AG in 2021 exceeded 5.8 billion euros.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.