Seeks to invest in global Web3, Gaming and Fintech startups
– Cake DeFi launched Cake DeFi Ventures, its US$100 million venture capital arm committed to accelerating the growth of tech companies, with a focus on investing in web3, gaming and fintech startups.
– Cake DeFi Ventures has set aside US$100 million for investments over the next two years.
– Deploys first investment in US media startup, The Edge Of Company, Inc.
SINGAPORE, March 11, 2022 – (ACN Newswire) – Cake DeFi, a Singapore-based fintech platform that makes DeFi (decentralized finance) services and applications accessible to everyone, has launched Cake DeFi Ventures (CDV), its capital arm – venture with the United States $100 million in allocated capital.
Cake DeFi Ventures (CDV) seeks to invest in web3, gaming and fintech technology startups – particularly those in the metaverse, NFT, blockchain and esports industries – that will bring synergistic value to Cake DeFi’s core business. Based in Singapore, CDV will seek global investment opportunities in startups around the world.
CDV is led by Cake DeFi co-founders Dr. Julian Hosp (CEO) and U-Zyn Chua (Chief Technology Officer), along with new investment partner Nicholas Khoo:
– Dr. Julian Hosp is a seasoned blockchain entrepreneur, widely considered a leading influencer in the crypto and blockchain space. Its vision is to bring blockchain awareness and understanding to one billion people by 2025.
– U-Zyn Chua, blockchain engineer, enthusiast and investor for over a decade, was a Smart Nation Fellow on blockchain for the Singapore government. He was also the main architect of the world’s first central bank digital currency (CDBC) – the Bahamian sand dollar.
– Nicholas Khoo brings over 20 years in the technology industry with a diverse background in startups and multinationals such as Visa. For over a decade, Nicholas has invested in a number of successful, fast-growing tech startups and has also served on the investment committees of investors such as the Global Fund.
CDV portfolio companies will receive strong support from Cake DeFi’s global and experienced management team, and the opportunity to access Cake DeFi’s connections, resources and expertise within the global cake industry. the blockchain.
“By launching Cake DeFi Ventures, we want to bring cryptocurrency and blockchain capabilities to the world. Cake DeFi is one of the fastest growing fintech platforms in Southeast Asia. The projects in which we invest can expect strong support globally,” said Cake DeFi co-founder and CEO Dr. Julian Hosp.
Deploys the first strategic investment in the American company “The Edge Of Company, Inc.”
At the time of CDV’s launch, the company was in early to late-stage talks with a number of global startups, including those in Southeast Asia, the United States, and Europe. For its first strategic investment, Cake DeFi selected tech, media and event startup, The Edge Of Company, which built the community and ecosystem for the NFT and Web3 space.
“The entire team at The Edge Of Company is honored to have Cake DeFi Ventures in the Edge family. Their expertise, relationships, and strategic insights will help propel this Web3 rocket to new heights on our platform. technology, media, and events,” said Jeff Kelley, co-founder of The Edge Of Company, Inc.
“As an extension of our support for multiple blockchains and having established an R&D arm with advanced crypto technology capability, investing in businesses that bring synergies to Cake’s core business DeFi will allow us to improve and expand our Web3 offerings,” said U-Zyn Chua. , Co-founder and CTO of Cake DeFi.
To apply for funding from CDV, please email [email protected] with project details. CDV will be in contact with the pre-selected projects. Venture capital firms or investment funds interested in co-investment opportunities or strategic partnerships can also contact us for further discussions.
ABOUT CAKE CHALLENGE
Cake DeFi is a fully transparent, highly innovative and regulated fintech platform dedicated to providing access to decentralized financial services and applications by allowing users to generate returns from their crypto and digital assets. It is operated and registered in Singapore and is fully compliant with all regulatory requirements of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
By empowering and enabling its users to harness the potential of decentralized finance (DeFi), Cake DeFi aims to educate and inform people around the world about crypto and DeFi in a way that is simple, easy to understand and hassle-free.
In 2021, Cake DeFi saw its registered customer base grow tenfold, with over $1 billion in customer assets. In the same year, Cake DeFi clients received over US$230 million in rewards.
ABOUT THE EDGE OF COMPANY, INC.
A media, events and technology company, The Edge of Company launched in 2021 with Edge of NFT Podcast and has since created the NFT LA conference. NFT LA running March 28-31, 2022 will be the largest NFT & Web3 gathering in Southern California, and with over 100 episodes, the podcast continues to showcase “the top 1% of NFTs today and what will stand the test of time.” ‘test of time’. Believing in economic structures that value the attention of each participant, the company draws on the experiences of its three founders in various fields, including blockchain, fashion, real estate, music, neuroscience, foodtech and high-growth startups to catalyze co-creation in the Web3 and NFT space.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Source: DeFi Cake
Copyright 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.