Total medical device industry venture financing deals worth $585.7 million were announced in Asia Pacific in January 2022, led by $100 million venture financing from Yikun Bio , according to GlobalData’s Agreements Database.
Embed this graphic
Embed this graphic in your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to view the graphic.
The value marked an 18.4% decline from the previous month of $717.55 million and a 7.3% increase from the trailing 12-month average of $546.14 million.
Asia-Pacific held a 25.14% share of the global medical device industry’s venture finance deal value, which amounted to $2.33 billion in January 2022. With a share of 24.61% and deals worth $573.33 million, China was the top country by value of venture finance deals in Asia-Pacific. in the medical device industry.
In terms of venture finance activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 41 deals in January 2022, marking a 7.89% increase from the previous month and a 28.13% increase from the average over 12 months. China recorded 32 transactions during the month.
Content from our partners
Medical Device Industry Venture Finance Deals in Asia Pacific in January 2022: Top Deals
The medical device industry’s top five venture finance deals accounted for 74.5% of overall value in January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical device venture financing deals was $436.36 million, compared to the aggregate value of $585.7 million recorded for the month.
The top five medical device industry venture finance deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Eli Lilly Asia Fund (LAV), Morningside Ventures, PerkinElmer Ventures, Sequoia China Fund and Yuanhe Holdings $100 million funding deal with Yikun Bio
2) The $100 million venture financing of VIRTUE Diagnostics (Suzhou) by Lilly Asia ventures, Morningside Ventures, Oriza Holdings, PerkinElmer Ventures and Sequoia China Investment Management
3) China Life Science and Technology Innovation Fund, CPE Yuanfeng, Jianfa Xinxing, Jiangu Capital, Jingming Capital, Luxin Venture Capital and Qianhai Fund of Funds $78.79 million financing agreement with Shenzhen Silicon Biomimetic Technology
4) Shenzhen Sibionics Technology’s $78.79 million venture financing by C&D International Investment Group, China Life Innovation Fund, CPE Funds Management, JD Investment (HK), Jingming Capital, Qianhai FOF and Return backer Lucion
5) CPE Yuanfeng, Guoshou science and Innovation Fund, Jingming Capital and Luxin Venture Capital Group $78.79 million venture financing deal with Shenzhen SiliconBased Bionic Technology